If we could eat 100% organic, we would. Next best thing is all natural, non GMO staples and ingredients. Here are some of the items we regularly stock in our pantry:
- Olive oil – We like Greek olive oil the best. We’ve tasted lots of different brands and origins, and Greek always comes out on top for us.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil can withstand a higher heat than olive oil, and tastes amazing to boot. If you were born before 1990, you may remember a wondrous time when almost all movie theaters used coconut oil to pop their popcorn. It was incredible – think Paris-in-the-twenties good.
- Flour – King Arthur Flour has organic, all-purpose white flour in a 2 lb. bag. We also use the wheat on occassion. I wish I liked wheat flour better.
- Salt – We use French sea salt for everything, both coarse and fine.
- Sugar – Organic evaporated cane sugar, coconut sugar, and brown sugar.
- Rice – White, medium grain and brown medium grain, both organic.
- Eggs – Organic, free-range eggs are the next best thing to a yard full of chickens.
- Potatoes – Organic russet, red, and golden potatoes.
- Butter – Salted and unsalted, always organic.