This chicken sausage is very lean and is wonderful swimming in homemade barbecue sauce. Put it on a bun with sautéed onions and or pickles or alone for that matter and you have a feast for a king. A least my King seems to loves it!
This recipe really needs a sauce of some sort be it barbecue, mustard or sweet and sour. I love this one because it’s versatile. Works on a pizza or serve it with eggs for a nice switch.
If you’d like a bit more detail, you can head over to our post on how to make spicy link sausage. If you’ve never made sausage before, don’t be intimidated. It’s actually one of the easiest things you can prepare in your kitchen! Give it a try and please, let us know how it turned out.
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1small zucchini, diced small then put in your microwave until tender (about 1 and ½ minutes)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 pounds uncooked chicken, ground coarse
- ¼ cup parmigiano cheese
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 yards casing
- Prepare casings as per the directions on the package it came in.
- Grind raw chicken or to a coarse ground. I use my food processor with a coarse blade or there are meat grinders on the market too that work well.
- Place ground chicken in a bowl add all spices, oil, cheese and diced zucchini.
- Mix with a spoon however if your like me I have better luck using my clean hands or kitchen gloves to mix mixture until blended.
- Stuff into casings.
- Bake, boil, broil or smoke until done.
- The following cook times and temps are for baking at $00 degrees Fahrenheit